interested in employment at phoenix AZ adoption agency?
JOIN THE BUILDING ARIZONA FAMILIES TEAM!
FULL TIME - SOCIAL WORKER CASE MANAGER
Local adoption agency looking for a Full Time Adoption Social Worker. MUST have a bachelors degree in social work or related field with at least 2 years of social work experience. Candidate must have own car and a clear driving record to transport clients. Adoption social work experience preferred, but not required. Please reply with resume.
Specified responsibilities for the Domestic Program Birth Parents Case Manager include the following. These duties are subject to change either by adding or subtracting responsibilities:
1. Maintain all phone contact with birth parents and overseeing the birth parents in the Domestic Program and handling any crises that may arise at any time.
2. Attend labor and delivery with birth mothers.
3. Prepare adoption paperwork; including consents, hospital plan, coordinating with hospitals- including mailing pre- hospital paperwork, financial affidavits, Post Communication Agreements, all inpatient hospital paperwork, medical records, and any other paperwork pertaining to case management of birth mothers.
4. Birth Mother Intakes
5. Scheduling and coordinating transportation to doctors’ appointment, counseling appointments, paperwork appointments.
6. Ensuring birth mothers are utilizing all state services as needed (including but not limited to: AHCCCS, WIC, Food Stamps, Magellan.
7. Coordinating with all related services.
8. Educating and counseling birth parents.
9. Coordinating with birth parents to develop a post adoption communication plan.
10. A minimum of one face-to-face visit with the birthmother while she is in the hospital
11. Communicating with the Adoptive Families Case Manager and working in conjunction with the Adoptive Families Case Manager to ensure a positive experience for both the birth families and adoptive families.
12. Recruiting new birth mothers.
13. Telephone calls regarding Domestic Adoption Program and services not covered under specified services provided to birth parents.
14. Collaborating with and educating hospitals, doctors’ offices, prisons, etc. in the effort to promote adoption.
15. Community outreach.
16. Coordinating with the case aides to do case aide responsibilities.
17. A minimum of two face-to-face meetings with birthmother over the course of the pregnancy.
18. Handling intake review questions needed by legal counsel.
19. Handle all emails by legal counsel and their staff regarding questions on cases.